Sunday, July 15, 2012

Quote from Faster Louder interview of Billy Corgan (04/26/12)



Do you feel like you have to pissed off at something in order to make good music?
Billy: “No, I don’t honestly, between you and me [chuckles] I don’t believe in that theory. I don’t believe the best art is made by depressed people. The greatest creation ever is what God made of this world, Australia’s one of the most beautiful places on Earth, there was no depression there, when whomever made that place. So, I don’t believe that. The greatest things don’t come out of depression, the greatest things come out of love. And the greatest things in life oftentimes go unnoticed. It’s the little things that happen between people who love each other. Things like albums and stuff, those are postcards, little postcards in life. They’re fine, and they seem important, but they’ll all end up in the dust like everything else.”

No comments:

Post a Comment