April 11th, ‘99 – I
dreamed and dreamed, five dreams, some one, two hours long, real sagas, and
they made the transition from darkness into light. The first one was in my
family home constrained in the past with my mother and father, and all the
confinement, frustration and emotion of years was compressed and augmented into
this one dream. I lost my human prospect for love to my circumstance, watched
as it slowly alienated him, and I lost him to my parents. I remember the
explosions I had and explaining, precisely to my mother why her intervention is
suffocating, and telling her at the last to leave me alone because of the harm.
I was railing against my parents and coming to the end: I cannot live like this anymore. I found a new set of lyrics to new
songs produced by Nick Cave, they contributed to and augmented my current
state, they were already a part of it, so close I could not deny. I found them
in the newspaper and I cut them out, and then when I picked them up to take
them to my room and examine them closely, I looked at the sheets and the lyrics
were gone, and I went to pieces. I had to have this. My body began shaking all
over, I had a small wooden communion cup in my hand filled with sweetened milk,
and in my hand the milk splashed everywhere, spilling all over the rug. I
couldn’t take it anymore. I couldn’t even clean it up. This was the ending to
the first dream.
The only other part I remember was
midway through the last dream. I was standing on a shale beach beside a lake
rimmed with forested hills. The lake was calm and the sky was a mingled cloudscape
with the sun glancing behind the rim of them. It was a vision sky, not unlike
the moon sky, and I was holding onto the vision. I saw it in the same
significance as the moon sky, but it was a more natural sky. What made it
visionary was how the sun was playing with the clouds, shifting itself.
Chris, my math instructor, joined me on the beach,
which was populous with swimmers and children. I was watching the people
swimming; there were schools of small sharks out in the lake. Their fins were
surfacing and they were forming into circles, and moving into the shallows
where the children played. (I have a thing with sharks in my dreams that goes
way, way, back.) The sharks showed no intent for danger or attack, but their
nature was there, and they were mingling with the children. I immediately TPed
the sharks, telling them to leave the people and go back out into the lake, and
they obeyed instantly. This happened twice. Chris told me that the sharks
mingling would bode trouble. I did not know if my power over them would
maintain.
Chris and I continued walking down
the beach, and he was advising me about my career. He pulled out two examples
of strong-minded women, and how they had integrated their spiritual path with
their vocational one. The second one he told me about was an Asian American
woman who had studied Biology in some relation to the study of medicine, and
was working for a drug corporation in SE Asia. During her work she had diverted
her learning into the study of Tibetan medicine. By reintegrating the
principles of what she had learned, she had regained her spirituality, and
reformed her working position so that it contributed to the better good. She
was an integrated person. It was veiled advice for me to do the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment