"It's Sunday night, what are you going to do? Experiment on yourself."
I was drinking some wine
And it turned to blood
What’s the use of religion
If you’re only good
I know I’m weed killer, honey
And you’re sugar
If you’re the prosecution
I get away with murder
You’re gravity searching for the ground
I’m [You're - Paris] silence searching for a sound
Your heart is aching
Your heart is my home
It’s fascinating
I know I’ll never be alone
You’re gonna [wanna] kill me and I wanna die
We were meant for each other, you and I
Souls allowed to love
And there’s nowhere else to turn
[there's no where left to go
and no one left to trust - Paris -all 3]
You’re not sorry, you’re not gonna cry
You put the blue back in my eye
It’s just us
Because, because, because we can
We must
If you’re hunger, baby let me feed it
If your heart is full, baby let me bleed it
And happiness is for those who don’t really need it
You love me too much
You wanna kill me and I wanna die
We’re a perfect match, you and I
Slaves without the drug
And there’s no one else to trust
I’m not sorry, you’re not gonna cry
You put the blue back in my eye
It’s just us
Because, because, because we can
We must
I’m gonna kill me and I wanna die
We were meant for each other, you and I
Souls allowed to trust
And there’s no one left to trust
I’m not sorry, you’re not gonna cry
You put the blue back in my eye
It’s just us
Because, because, because we can
We must
Because, because, because we can
We must
Because, because, because we can
We must
This is the counterpoint; you know what it means. Hell-O...
'it takes a crime to cry'
"North Star" (Turin premiere)
Forty-five light years from home
Is where you are and where I wanna be
Beside you
Looking for directions
Stars are your reflection
To the space between you and me
I, I can’t wait any longer for your love
I can’t wait, I can’t wait
I can’t wait any longer for it
I can’t wait any longer for your love
Birds still singing for their rent
They fly above the government
It’s not a song of discontent
I’ve money now
It’s me that’s spent
Here I am, a space cowboy
Looking out for love and logic
In the universe, yeah, yeah
I can’t wait any longer for your love
I can’t wait, I can’t wait
I can’t wait any longer for it
I can’t wait any longer for your love
And the day packs it in
And you watch as the sun goes down
Pray that the night will come quickly
You hope, you pray
That those clouds leave the sky alone
‘Cause there’s only one light that can guide you
Guide you home, home
Say it, say it, say it, say it
I can’t wait any longer
I can’t wait any longer for your love
I can’t wait any longer for your love
I can’t wait, I can’t wait
I can’t wait for your love
For your love
It’s like the circles in the song
Well, the lights have been shining
You want it, you got it
You take a lot of loving inside
"A love song to the universe"
Every Breaking Wave (Helsinki premiere)
Every breaking wave
On the shore
Tells the next one there’ll be one more
Every gambler knows
That to lose
Is what you’re really there for
Somewhere else there's fearlessness
Now I’m speaking to an answer phone
And every sighing leaf
On the breeze
Winter wouldn’t leave her alone
Hey hey now
Hey hey now
I don’t know if I’m that strong
I don’t know if I’m that strong
Don’t know if I’m that strong
To be somebody
To need someone
Every sailor knows that the sea
Is a friend made enemy
Every shipwrecked soul
Knows what it is
To live without intimacy
I thought I heard the master’s voice
It’s hard to listen while you preach
Like every broken wave
On the shore
This is as far as I can reach
Hey hey now
Hey hey now
I don’t know if I’m that strong
I don’t know if I’m that strong
Don’t know if I’m that strong
Enough to be somebody
To need someone
The waves know
We’re on the rocks
And drowning is no sin
And you know
My heart is
The same place yours has been
And we know
The fear of winning
So we end, before we begin
Oh oh oh oh 3xs
The waves know
We’re on the rocks
And drowning is no sin
You know
My heart is
The same place yours has been
And we know
The fear of winning
So we end, before we begin
"Glastonbury" (Turin Premiere)
Take me to the mountain green
You know it but I’ve never been
I was packing since the 10th of May
A few distractions along the way
Pale as snow
The flowering rose
For a flowering rose I would bend my knee
Came to find
The flowering rose
The flowering rose of Glastonbury
You are a pocketful of sunshine
You are the miracle I came here to find
Some things you just can’t control
Sometimes you just let it go
Morning, it was heaven-sent
And music is a sacrament
You pilgrims on a mountain green
You knew it but I’d never been
Pale as snow
The flowering rose
For a flowering rose I would bend my knee
Came to find
The flowering rose
The flowering rose of Glastonbury
You are a pocketful of sunshine
You are the miracle I came here to find
Alright, friend of Jimmy’s club
Down by the river where the village is sleeping
Under the flower of American dreams
Send in saints and a thought worth keeping
Even in the dreams you can't seem to sleep in
You are a pocketful of sunshine
You go, come over to Dublin all the time
You are a pocketful of sunshine
You are the miracle I came here to find
The miracle I came here to find
Miracle I came here to find 2xs
First discovery of "Mercy" was the Paris performance. Bang, Bang.
"you can walk it, or wade it
you know that you can stay inside your heart" - closing "North Star", Paris
Lyrics were referenced from here and here, with a slight bit of tweaking/correction.
Now that's the way to spend a Full Moon/Fall Equinox. (I had a sense it was really the 22nd. Hells yes!)
These are the original lyrics to "Mercy":
I was drinking some wine... and it turned to blood
What's the use of religion... if you're any good
I know I'm weedkiller honey... and you're sugar
If you're the prosecution... I get away with murder
If you were ice... I'm water
And with your telescope... I can see further
We're binary code... a one and a zero
You wanted violins... and you got nero
You're gravity... searching for the ground
You're silence... searching for a sound
Your heart is aching... your heart is my home
It's fascinating... I know I'll never be alone
I'm ripping the stitches
We've got two hands to rub
I'm digging the ditches
Of someone else's love
Love hears when I lie
Love puts the blue back in my eye
Love will come again
I'll be gone again... again
If you're hunger... baby let me feed it
If your heart is full... baby let me bleed it
And happiness is for... those who don't really need it
You love me... too much
You always loved me... too much
When I'm ripping the stitches
We've got two hands to rub
I'm digging the ditches
Of someone else's luck
Love hears me when I lie
Love puts the blue back in my eye
Love has come again
I am gone again
Love's got to be with the weak
Only then love gets a chance to speak
Love will come again
I'll be gone again... again
I... I can't escape myself
I hear you talk
Fear nothing
I fear nothing
Feel....
I hear so much
Fear nothing
I hear so much
Fear... nothing
Love has come again
I am gone again
Love is the end of history
The enemy of misery
Love has come again
I am gone again
Love is justice, not charity
Love brings with it a clarity
Love has come again
I'm alive again
Alive...
I am alive,
baby I'm born again and again
And again, and again and again and again
Again
These are the original lyrics to "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me" (Batman Soundtrack):
You don’t know how you took it,
you just know what you got
Oh lordy you’ve been stealing
from the thieves and you got caught
(repeat reference from The Fly
"Every artist is cannibal, every poet is a thief,
All kill their inspiration and speak about their grief")
In the headlights, of a stretch car, you’re a star
Dressing like your sister, living like a tart
("sister the Moon" in "Mysterious Ways", i.e., The Holy Spirit)
They don’t know what you’re doing, Babe it must be art (This is the Big Secret.)
You’re a headache, in a suitcase, in the star
I know that we’ve shined, you don’t have to go blind,
HM, TM, KM, KM
You don’t know how you got here,
you just know you want out
Believing in yourself almost as much as you doubt
You’re a big smash, you’re very like hash, Star
I know that we’ve shined, It takes a crime to cry,
HM, TM, KM, KM
They want you to play Jesus, they’ll go down on one knee
But they’ll want their money back if you’re alive,
Honey plea
And you turn them tricks, with your crucifix,
oh Star, ah child
Of course you’re not tired, you don’t have to deny, love,
HM, TM, KM, KM
No comments:
Post a Comment